Using MMS and SMS messages to market to your customers is both highly effective and engaging. With the number of mobile devices in use now exceeding the number of people in the world, text marketing has evolved to become a successful model for reaching those you may have otherwise struggled to reach and at an affordable cost. SMS marketing provides you with a powerful and exciting new marketing tool that can be utilized to augment your current marketing efforts.
The use of text surveys acts as a useful method of engagement to provide you with valuable information about how your branding messages are being received. Surveys can provide you with valuable insights into the effectiveness of your text marketing campaigns. However, not all text surveys are created equal, and there are a number of text survey advantages and disadvantages that you must consider before getting started.
Examining Text Survey Advantages and Disadvantages
Text messages are the fastest way to gain the attention of the receiver, with the vast majority of text messages being viewed within minutes. Even texts that are clearly unsolicited will draw the attention of the recipient for at least a few seconds. This fact makes text surveys a powerful tool in your marketing arsenal.
The biggest advantage of text surveying is the simplicity of design while knowing that you will be obtaining the exact data you desire. The low cost and effort that goes into building and deploying a text survey are just a sampling of the factors driving the surge in popularity of text surveys. There are a few other pieces of the text survey puzzle that will provide benefits to any text survey initiative:
- High response rates. The almost guaranteed interaction of a recipient to any text message leads to higher rates of response to text surveys, especially when you consider that each recipient has at some point opted into receiving your texts. This gives a text survey an instant audience that is highly likely to interact with the survey over other channels of feedback.
- Participation is easy and often welcomed. The most enticing aspect of interacting with a text message is that the reader has full control over when, where, and how the text is reacted to. A recipient can respond to a survey at their leisure, which plays a key role in ensuring the accuracy of survey responses.
- Survey responses are faster. This may seem counterintuitive to the last point, but let’s think about it for a moment. Responding to a text is something that most mobile phone users are conditioned to do in a short amount of time. It takes very little time and energy to respond to your survey, and without the pressure to do so, it is more fun than work, which places your survey towards the front of the user’s “respond to” list.
It is important to remember to keep your surveys brief and to craft them with a clear purpose in mind. Those who will be receiving your surveys have opted to receive messages from you, and by following SMS marketing best practices you will continue to build a text survey strategy that yields the data you need.
There are some drawbacks in the text survey process that may hamper your ability to obtain the responses you want. Keeping these in mind as you develop and deploy your text surveys will help you to get the responses you want with a high degree of accuracy.
- Rising costs. The expense of sending and tracking a text survey can be prohibitive, especially when recipient responses are not guaranteed. But, does it have to be? Text survey tools and SMS services have emerged that allow you to drastically cut costs despite adding important functionalities that help you get better responses from your text survey campaigns. These tools will help you to design surveys that yield the timely and precise feedback you are seeking.
- Linked surveys yield limited engagement. Currently, the market is saturated with survey tools that link to some third-party platform. This may seem like a nonissue, but linking out from the original source of your message is a guaranteed way to curtail engagement. The right survey tools understand this and keep all surveying native to the SMS source.
Turning potential cost and operational difficulties into positive, revenue-generating results is why adding a comprehensive set of SMS texting tools to your arsenal is the best move you can make.
What Can the Best Text Survey Products Offer?
A common theme to keep in mind when looking through the potential areas of complication with text surveys is that these are all contingent upon the type of SMS tools and features you use. Using a powerful SMS solution starts with understanding what it is those tools can achieve for you, as well as their overall ease of use.
The best survey tools allow you to create, send, track, and analyze responses purely from SMS. Linking to outside websites to manage surveys is the single biggest limiting factor to reduced survey engagement and response rates. . They will give you the freedom to choose the type of questions, from multiple choice to free-response questions, and will provide you with a portal for easy viewing and sorting of survey results. And, these same innovative survey tools will allow you to create new surveys based directly on the results of prior surveys.
Adding user-friendly and affordable survey tools to drive your text surveys towards improved results starts with NorthText’s expert touch. We help you to decipher these text survey advantages and disadvantages to build a campaign that succeeds in broadening the reach of your brand. For quick and easy answers to any questions you have, contact us by phone or text at (312) 869-9070.CONTACT US!