NorthText's Anti-Spam Policy
Brief Overview of Spam
Spamming is the practice of sending unsolicited information to either a single user or in a mass scale via email or text messaging. As anyone with a computer will testify, spam has gotten completely out of control. In fact, recent statistics show that over the last ten years, spam has grown to represent almost 80% of total email traffic with estimated impact to the global economy of approximately US $25 billion dollars per year. Unfortunately this has evolved into an issue with spam over text-messaging.
NorthText's Role in Combating Spam
NorthText’s platform is 100% permission-based and does not engage in spamming practices. We take the following steps to ensure that our clients do not engage in such activities.
- Any client database submitted must provide a date/time stamp for when each of the subscribers registered to receive information from that company.
- If the client cannot show such proof, then NorthText will not allow the database to be added to the system. We reserve the right to review any message intended for a marketing campaign and if found to contain potentially offensive or "spammy" material, will deny message from being sent.
- Automatically remove any user that opt-out via the "stop" message or submitting to be unsubscribed online.
Any client who violates the steps listed above will be suspended from sending campaigns with NorthText.
As part of the platform, NorthText has made it very easy for users to unsubscribe to a list, which is included at the end of every message sent. The company also maintains a form online, which allows for instant removal from future text message campaigns.
Process for Handling Spam Complaints
As stated above, NorthText takes spam very seriously and constantly monitors our clients to ensure spam is not being sent via our system. The following are the steps taken if your account is being flagged as a potential spammer.
- Spam complaint received -- Based on the message as well as volume of complaints, we will assess the situation and notify the client as to the violations.
- Account is temporarily suspended to give us time to properly investigate the claims.
- If the block is due to numerous spam complaints, the client will have to wait until the threshold goes down before sending more messages.
- The client will not be able to send messages until the database is cleared of possible traps or may have to resubmit a new database.
- After the investigation, NorthText will determine whether or not it can continue to do business with the client.
If you are a victim of receiving SPAM from one of our clients, please let us know and/or assure you unsubscribe your number.